Parade Entry Form
Deadline May 13th, 2019
Parade Entry Form
Click the icon to download a PDF copy to mail
Scroll down to fill out online!
Deadline Date For All Entries Is May 13th
Application Forms, Completed Applications, Registration Fees and Proof of Insurance May Be Picked Up and Dropped Off At:
Whatcom Memorial Day Parade
1225 E Sunset Dr. Ste 145 PMB 444
Bellingham WA 98226
Whatcom Memorial Day Parade
May 25, 2019
The parade route begins at the corner of Alabama and Cornwall, progresses south on Cornwall, turns east on E. Champion and then turns north on N. State to the finish at N. State and York.
General Rules and Procedures
May 25th 9:00 A.M. parade day registration booth opens at the Gazebo which is located at the corner of Cornwall and F Street.
Staging occurs 9:00 – 10:00 A.M.
Judging begins Promptly at 10:30 A.M.
Equestrian Judging begins Promptly at 11:00 AM
Parade starts 12:00 P.M
Judging will be based on the category chosen by you in the parade application below. Parade entry is based on the following criteria:
Entry best reflecting the parade theme “Celebrating Our Communities, Honoring Our Heroes”
Entries built or designed to provide high entertainment value for parade spectators
Entries displaying a creative theme or approach with broad-based appeal
Car clubs, stock cars, and antique cars are encouraged to participate.
**See Number 16 below for insurance requirements**
All entries must be submitted no later than Monday, May 13th and must be approved by the Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee. Receipt of this application does not guarantee acceptance into the Whatcom Memorial Day Parade. Accepted entries will receive written notification sent to the responsible party listed on application.
Judging will take place promptly at 10:30 a.m. To be judged, entries must be staged and checked in no later than 10:00 a.m.
School bands will be inspected before they march and judging results will be announced via the website whatcommemorialdayparade.com following the parade. Trophies will be presented before the end of the school year.
Equestrian units will be judged promptly at 11:00 a.m. and must provide a clean-up unit. Clean-up is expected before, during and after the event.
1. No food or consumables may be given out to the public by parade entries.
2. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING may be thrown or handed out from the parade entries themselves. Participants wishing to gift or distribute any other Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee approved materials must provide a minimum of two people (one on each side) to walk along the crowd line, not out in the street. It is your responsibility to make sure that the crowd stays at the curb.
3. Entries are permitted forward movement only. A space of 20 feet between each unit will be enforced. All units are required to close the gap between entries when ordered by the parade officials.
4. No loud sirens, horns, or any noises that would interfere with band performances and equestrian entries are permitted.
5. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float, in any vehicles or on the person of any participant.
6. Floats may not be taller than 13 feet from street level.
7. Bands must maintain a forward motion at all times or they will be disqualified.
8. Motorcycle units must wear helmets.
9. Parade participants may not mingle with or accost parade route spectators.
10. A ten-pound fire extinguisher is required for all specialty units and floats.
11. Dignitaries/royalty must supply their own vehicles and signage for the parade.
12. No additional vehicles (including but not limited to cars, vans, or scooters) will be allowed to accompany marching units unless deemed necessary by the Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee.
13. Floats and other units advocating, opposing or depicting any political, religious or social issues are subject to the Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee approval.
14. Electioneering, petitioning, politicking, canvassing, signature gathering and activities deemed political, not family friendly or in conflict with the theme and spirit of the intended purpose of the parade is strictly prohibited and will be enforced by parade staff.
15. Signed and paid submission of an entry application constitutes acceptance of these conditions by the applicant(s).
16. **Evidence of insurance for liability (bodily injury and property damage) with limits of $300,000 combined insurance shall be required for all specialty units, floats, motorcycles, and vehicles—no exceptions. The Whatcom Memorial Day Parade and the City of Bellingham must be named as additional insured. **
The Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee reserves the right to withdraw any entry where costumes or performances do not meet the standards of reasonable public taste or conform to the parade rules.
The Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee’s decision regarding entrants is final.
Certificates of insurance must accompany the application/parade entry form. Evidence of your insurance must accompany your application. Any unit not supplying evidence of insurance will not be allowed to participate.
Cars/trucks/motorcycles must show proof of automobile insurance.
Please make a copy of your parade application/entry form to send it along with your certificate of insurance.
In consideration of acceptance of this application/entry form the applicant agrees to save and hold harmless Whatcom Memorial Day Parade Committee, their officers, employees and agents from any loss or damage to persons or property caused by operation of applicant’s connection with the parade activities and further agrees to defend the Whatcom Memorial Day Parade from any and all claims for such damage.
Deadline Date For All Entries Is Monday, May 13, 2019